Nominations open for two Makivik executive posts
Treasurer and vice president jobs up for grabs
Nominations are now open for an election to fill two expired positions on the Makivik Corp.’s five-person executive: treasurer and vice-president of resources development.
The elections will be held Jan. 21 for the two positions.
Those jobs are now held by Anthony Ittoshat, the incumbent treasurer and Johnny Peters, the incumbent vice president of renewable resources.
The nomination period closes Dec. 1 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligible Makivik beneficiaries may request nomination forms from their local landholding corporation or by contacting Phebe Bentley, the chief returning officer, at 1-800-361-7052 or 1-514-745-8880 Ext. 207.
People are not eligble to run for the Makivik executive if:
• if they are not affiliated or residing in a Nunavik community;
• if they are an undischarged bankrupt;
• if they have been convicted of an indictable offence punishable by imprisonment for five year or more within the past five years or have finished a term of imprisonment for such a conviction within the past five years;
• if they have outstanding debts to Makivik or any of its subsidiaries that have remained unpaid for more than 90 days;
• if they are not fluent in Inuktitut, except for any person elected as a representative from the community of Chisasibi for the period 2010-2015.
The other three members of Makivik’s executive are Pita Aatami, president; Michael Gordon, vice-president, economic development; and Andy Moorhouse, corporate secretary.