Nunavik health agency announces new board, new executive
Elisapi Uitangak re-elected as NRBHSS chair
The Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services has a new board of directors and executive, the health agency said Dec. 18.
The health board re-elected its Puvirnituq representative, Elisapi Uitangak, as its chairperson during meetings in Kuujjuaq earlier this month.
Tulattavik representative Claude Gadbois will serve as vice-chairperson, while the NRBHSS’s executive director, Minnie Grey, is the board’s secretary.
The board’s other two executive members are Kuujjuaq representative Shirley White-Dupuis and Ivujivik representative Qumaq Mangiuk.
The board’s regular members are:
• Nuna Akpahatak, Aupaluk
• Kitty Annanack, Kangiqsualujjuaq
• Alasie Arngak, Kangiqsujuaq
• Jane Beaudoin, executive director of Inuulitsivik health centre
• George Berthe, executive director of Tulattavik health centre
• Mary Berthe, Tasiujaq
• Lucy Tukkiapik Carrier, Kangirsuk
• Cora Fleming, Kuujjuaraapik
• Parsa Kitishimik, Kativik Regional Government
• Sheila Ningiurivik, Quaqtaq
• Sarah Nowrakallak, Inukjuak
• Jusipi Qaqutuk, Akulivik
• Ida Saviadjuk, Salluit
The seats reserved for a representative from Umiujaq and the Inuulitsivik health centre remain vacant.
Both of Nunavik’s two major health centres had trouble filling vacant spots on their boards following elections last October, when not enough community representatives came forward.
The NRBHSS is required to appoint representatives to fill those positions by Dec. 31.