Calling all rockhounds: Nunavut brings week-long prospecting course to communities
The Department of Economic Development and Transportation is offering the course for free
Want to find out more about Nunavut’s geology, the mining industry or prospecting skills and techniques?
In multiple communities, the Department of Economic Development and Transportation is offering a free, weeklong Introduction to Prospecting course to anyone interested.
Upcoming classes will take place in:
- Chesterfield Inlet at Nunavut Artic College, July 8–13
- Arviat at Nunavut Arctic College, July 22–27
- Hall Beach at Nunavut Arctic College, July 22–27
- Cape Dorset at Nunavut Arctic College, July 29–Aug. 3
- Rankin Inlet at Nunavut Arctic College, Aug. 12–17
- Baker Lake at Nunavut Arctic College, Aug. 19–24
Classes will run in the evening, with a full day on the land on Saturday.
Anyone interested can call 1-888-975-5999 or email email@example.com for more information. Those wanting to sign up can also go to a local EDT or hamlet office.