Firefighters douse tundra fire outside Rankin Inlet

Rankin Inlet Fire Department was called to put out a tundra fire outside the community near Mumirvik on Wednesday, July 29. Five firefighters responded to the fire, which took about six hours to extinguish. The fire department said the cause of the fire was likely a lit cigarette. “It’s very dry out there,” said the fire chief, Mark Wyatt, in a Facebook post. “Please make sure your cigarettes are put out, perhaps put them in a Ziplock bag and bring them back to town.” (Photo courtesy of RIFD)

By Nunatsiaq News

Share This Story

(0) Comments

Join the Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*