New COVID-19 case confirmed in Nunavik
Resident travelled home from the south and is now in isolation
Nunavik health officials say they’ve confirmed a new case of COVID-19 in Salluit.
The individual travelled home from the south before the case was confirmed, and is currently in isolation, the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services said on Tuesday.
The health board said the individual was not in any significant contact with other people in the community; those who may have come in contact have been informed but do not need to isolate.
The health board said there is no other risk to the community of Salluit.
The new case is the region’s 29th, but the 28 other people who had previously been infected with COVID-19 are now considered recovered, the board added.
Anyone in Nunavik who has symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, unusual cough, difficulty breathing or a loss of sense of smell, should contact the region’s COVID-19 health line at 1-888-662-7482 or call their local health centre.