Trial begins for man charged in alleged snowmobile attack

Jordan Kovic faces attempted murder charge

The attempted murder trial of Jordan Kovic, accused of attacking a man with a snowmobile in 2019, began in Iqaluit on Monday, Aug. 22. (File photo)

By Nunatsiaq News

The trial of a man charged with attempted murder after he allegedly ran someone over repeatedly with a snowmobile begins today.

Jordan Kovic was 19 when he was charged with attempted murder after the Dec. 27, 2019, incident in Iqaluit.

At the time, RCMP said one person, a 28-year-old man, had been transported to hospital in Ottawa.

A second person, a 29-year-old man, had also been allegedly assaulted and run over that evening, but managed to run to the safety of the men’s shelter, police said at the time.

The RCMP did not identify the two men.

Kovic is also charged with assault with a weapon, failure to comply with an appearance notice of summons and one count of aggravated assault.

Share This Story

(2) Comments:

  1. Posted by BS on

    Lol I bet y’all any $$ walk away free or slap on the wrist lol

    9
    6
    • Posted by Scrubs on

      No bet.

      Justice isn’t blind in the north, it’s absent.

Comments are closed.