Month: May 2008
- New plan would train 300 Inuit
- This year's exercise: a rescue effort after a mock cruise ship misadventure off south Baffin
- 'It's done. It's gone, it's finished, it's over with.'
- Family missing on land for week guests of honour at 'a;nnual; meeting
- Man fires at police, steals police vehicle
- Akilineq, The Great Trading Place
- 'If they know where the goddamn animals are, why are they giving me shit?'
- 'The kids aren't going to let anything stop them.'
- Co-operative enterprise hopes to attract 3,000 accounts by 2009
- Hundreds mourn death of Annie Gordon, who devoted herself to helping others
- 'It's misleading. That's what really bothers me.'
- New pound makes life easier for pooches and bylaw officers
- Nunavik is 'a key region for us.'
- 'You get a whole lot more this year'
- 'We're still a member and we intend on being a member.'
- Calves dying because plants unavailable, study says
- 'Changes in sea ice can be good for one community, but not the next.'
- Coming North
- Little Quaqtaq's pool a source of community pride
- 'It's a pretty reasonable agreement.'
- 'It’s a great concern for Inuit'
- 'Nineteen degrees above average is enormous'
- Sleeping woman sexually assaulted in cell
- Recruits, including four Inuit, learned basic policing skills
- 'When they're fearful about who's going to arrest them, we easily become a target.'
Back to Web Archive